Sunday, July 16, 2017

Worry & Routine

I come from a long lineage of worriers. I often thought it was just the way my grandmother (aka Mama Mac) was because she was always worried about us girls and how we were doing.

Now that I am a Mimi to 4 boys and 1 girl, I can say  I am a bit of a worrier but I work through it and push it back most of the time.

Like Joyce Meyer says "Worry gets you no where good, it's like sitting in a rocking chair and expecting to go somewhere else by rocking the chair."

I have to stop myself and ask if I am able to fix the situation I am thinking/worrying about and remind my brain again, that I cannot fix it, say a prayer and get on to doing other things that can occupy my time/brain power.

Anything can become routine to someone, paying bills, laundry, dishes, mopping the floor, driving to work and even worrying every day.. just becomes a habit after enough time passes.

You can break the cycle by recognizing and choosing to change!

(transparent example ahead)
I have been upset with my weight gain for about 8 months now. I have tried not eating, I have cut out sweets/snacks and other things too. Have I done a thing to be more physically active? Not really, other than walking when I can. Even my complaining about my weight has become a habit.

The other day I looked into joining the Y here in town, but just cannot bring myself to spend that money.

The reason I put all thing together in a blog post is that I know I am not the only one who worries about things/situations they cannot fix. I also know that we all have habits we know we need to break and sometimes we need a friend/buddy to keep us accountable to break said habits.

Let's choose to pray and praise and worship more than we worry. Who is with me?