Sunday, July 30, 2017

Back to School, August and Birthdays

This weekend in Tennessee is tax-free weekend on most things people can purchase in stores. So Friday at the bank, most of the business owners were anticipating being busy and in turn, keeping us busy as well.

Friday's are crazy since we are open later than normal, but the three of us got through the chaos that is Friday in a small town.

School starts in my county on Tuesday, August 1st. Many families are focused on the school supply list, making the most of the last weekend of summer vacation and some are just getting by.

Pray for the teachers, substitutes, administrators, safety officers, crossing guards and our students of all ages heading back to school. I have many teachers on my friends list and a few teachers in my immediate and extended family. I know they have a lot going on as well.

First of all, be kind!!!

August 1st is my grandmother's birthday. I miss her terribly and think of her all the time. I have often told David that he and she would have had a fun time in the kitchen and I am certain she would have liked him.

August also means Nikolai's Birthday is close too. He will be 6 years old on August 10th. His birthday party is next weekend and I look forward to celebrating him with the family. He has brought us so much joy and good memories. He will be starting first grade this week and it seems just like yesterday that he was starting to walk. Children grow up so fast and I for one am so thankful for facebook, instagram and all the pictures on my phone and those my daughter has taken as well. I love every memory with him and all my grandchildren.

Be sure and love on the ones you have with you, you never know when they will be called home.

I had my first live in-home Jewelry Bar on the 22nd. As of a couple hours ago, the party has hit $750 in sales. I am so happy for my host that receives $187 in free jewelry, 3 half price items and can buy the host exclusive for 75% off. Want to see more Origami Owl? Just visit maryannw.origamiowl.com and let me know if I can help you in any way.