Saturday, June 3, 2017

Change is in the Air (or something!)

What does the weekend mean to you?

In my lifetime, I have worked Mon-Fri jobs where my weekends were mine to schedule, fill-up, or sleep through.

I have also worked jobs that were open 24 hours or 7 days a week. That meant that  I was never really guaranteed a weekend off.

Either way, something about knowing the weekend is coming gives most of us something to look forward to (if you are constantly negative, you of course will disagree with this).

This weekend is my last full weekend working the graveyard shift. I am taking a leap of faith into the future and my new opportunities ahead of me.

I know it might take my body and sleep schedule a while to catch up with my excitement, but honestly I am really looking forward to being able to plan weekend events and/or trips now that I have made this change.

I have been with DSDC for a short time. However, it is time to move on.
I put in my notice last week and this weekend I am training the young lady that will be my replacement. 
This struck me as very odd last night. I never considered myself a trainer at this job.

But I thought it over and since I have been doing the job regularly, it does make sense.
It is very nice to not to have to work solo on the graveyard shift.

Honestly, they are so very short-staffed that I suppose it makes sense for me to train my replacement since even the floaters are stretched very thin at the agency.  I would rather a new caregiver at the house be trained by a regular than a floater because they are simply more informed.

The agency really does need good people that are willing to put in long hours for a starting pay of $9.00 an hour. Go Online and put in an application and you will be truly helping those in the community that cannot help themselves.

I rambled a bit there.. forgive me.

Jeremiah 29:11 seems like a timely verse for a career change.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish all of you a great weekend filled with things you CHOOSE to do and enjoy your time with loved ones. Call those far away or send them text messages filled with silly sayings to get their attention (did that a few times this week, because I was lonely).

Remember the number - 1-800-799-7233 for Domestic Violence Assistance