Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

Hi everyone!
Hope you have had a great weekend (even if you had to work).

I am sitting here at home watching the Preds play the Penguins in the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals. Watching a team create history is pretty cool to this avid hockey fan.

I am now a month in to my job as a bank teller at a local bank. I am really liking the atmosphere and teamwork attitude we have. I even got my nerve up and asked if we could all wear Preds colors this past Friday. The branch manager agreed to it and about half of the folks in this picture have never watched a game but we all support this home team from Tennessee.

I spent part of my weekend working and part of my weekend watching the Indy 500, Coca Cola 600 and planting Jalepeno Peppers. 

Above all, take care of those you love. Stay in contact with them. Make sure they are okay (they may never ask for help or tell you differently). Send out care packages, and love on each other.

I noticed last week an initiative by local domestic violence initiatives that they have created spots for television geared toward getting a man's attention as well.
All of us need to be aware of the violence that happens in every neighborhood and do something about it.
Putting on your headphones to block out the fighting doesn't change that someone is being abused next door.

Call the hotline to help someone out. Please don't ignore what they are going through!
1-800-799-7233