Sunday, March 26, 2017

Day Vs. Night

Observations from a night shift employee...

This is my first gig working graveyard shift and while the work is not physically demanding, it does take a lot out of you to be up at night when you are not used to it.

I have had to deal with friends, acquaintances, contacts and customers (at times) that don't understand why I am not answering them right away. If you need me, feel free to call, leave a voicemail, or just text me or message me through facebook. I will see those messages when I wake up and I will return the calls/messages as soon as I can.

I have had to change my party dates to Sunday/Monday/Tuesday instead of the traditional weekend. But this also goes to show how flexible that direct sales really are because I can still work my businesses around my schedule.

I have missed 3 birthday parties so far due to my new work schedule and I will probably miss the rest of them scheduled this year on Saturday's midday. I just don't see any way that I can get my sleep and be at these gatherings. I don't want to avoid the parties or my friends /family, but the timing just doesn't work for a night shift employee. I do not expect them to work around my schedule at all, but it does bother me to be sleeping all the days away and sitting up at night.

I still don't know if this is "the job" I am supposed to land at or if this position is a gateway to another position in the agency or field that is more suited to my skills/experience.

I am thankful to be gainfully employed and have insurance again. Just mulling things over and constantly looking at my options. I want the best for my family.

At the end of this busy Sunday, I am thankful going into a new week and looking forward to a couple of days off.

For all my friends in direct sales that in that last week stretching to earn their company's annual incentive trip, I wish you the best of luck and have a great time on your trip.

Stay close to those you love, check on them often and make sure they are okay.
You never know what someone is dealing with.
1-800-799-7233 is the Domestic Violence Hotline (keep, save and share!)