Monday, January 23, 2017

Adjustment, Acceptance and Coping

Hello there!

I don't really have anything inspiring to say other than I am still here. Still getting up every day and still working through my daily and sometimes hourly issues with life in general.

I wore black on Friday as my form of silent protest and refused to watch the inauguration. It bothers me all the way to my core that we have an abusive, disrespectful man currently in the white house.

If you don't like my political opinion, you are free to un-follow me. I am no political analyst but I know what I will allow in my home and what I will not stand for.

I will not allow abusers in my home, in my circle of friends or around me for very long at all. Abuse takes many forms.

 If you allow the verbal abuse, the locker room talk, the nasty jokes or the jokes about the developmentally disabled, you are not invited to my home.

 I will not entertain someone who puts down those from another country, those with disabilities, and those with different beliefs.

We are commanded in the Holy Bible to love others and show kindness to all. It doesn't say we are to judge them before we decide whether to be nice to them or not.

There are many reasons for why people voted the way they voted. I will not debate it with anyone. I will pray for our country's leaders and that decisions that are made are made with prayer and thoughtfulness for all the citizens of this country. I don't wish to see anyone left out.

If you are in a violent situation at home, please seek refuge or ask for help at 1-800-799-7233
Suicide is not the answer. I know because I attempted suicide in 2010. By the grace of God, I was not successful at pulling the trigger.