Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Making the list

We have all heard the Christmas Saying "He's making a list and checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice".

Right this minute, there are presents for members of our Memphis family under our tree. I have started making a mental list of what to pack for our trip this weekend.

I had a precious afternoon today with my friend Denise and she gave us some cute homemade ornaments.  I showed the ornaments to David and they are now hanging on our tree.

In just a couple days, I have to get the laundry caught up, straighten up the house, clean out the car, pack the car and get ready for 30 hours of Parish family fun.

Last year, I fully admit I was a nervous wreck about going to Memphis for Christmas. This year we get to spend time with Laura's family and make tons of memories.

I am planning on taking lots of pictures and crossing my fingers that my dear David cooperates (he doesn't care to have his photo taken).

In this season of love and caring and forgiveness, remember that our Lord does not keep a record of wrongs but will forgive us and hold us in his arms. There is no place we can go, that we cannot return from and Our Father will welcome us back into his fold.

However you choose to spend the next few days, I wish you safety, peace and love for those you are with. Cherish the parents/grandparents because we are not guaranteed tomorrow with any of them.

Be watchful of your surroundings, and if you need it, the number for the Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-7233.

Merry Christmas everyone!