Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Being mindful

I had a very rough day mentally yesterday.

I had bailed on a friend the day before and spent three days straight not leaving the house.

Yesterday, I cancelled a dental appointment and only left the house to pick up dinner. I hate that I was in a mopey mood most of the day.

I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes I lose sight of that.

This morning I hugged David before he left for work, took out the trash, took the trash can to the street and relaxed with a cup of coffee.

I have clothes to wear, food to eat, a roof over my head and friends and family all over the place. This simple realization brought me to tears in those quiet moments.

My prayer today is that I never lose my sense of gratitude and love.

Physically,  I cannot lift or do anything very strenuous, but I can pray, hold a fundraiser,  call a friend, send out cards and cheer up others.

Be a blessing!! Be mindful, for you are blessed as well.