Monday, November 7, 2016

Politics... Sigh

I used to never talk about politics or even pay attention to it very much. Then I married my 2nd husband and he was very vocal about things as was his step-dad. I constantly heard how they didn't like or care for certain things. But let me tell you, once Mr. Obama was on the scene and running for office, it seemed everyone I knew (and some I barely knew) all of a sudden were political analysts or just knew how things would work out if Mr. Obama became president.

You see, 8 years this month I was unemployed, drawing unemployment and praying whoever was elected would not take that $250 a week away from me/my household.

I was not completely against Mr. Obama being president and I did want things to change but I was fearful of the unknown. I voted against Mr. Obama both elections and now I am not so sure why I did that.

Tomorrow is election day here in the USA and many have already early voted and told the world (via facebook, twitter, and other social media outlets) which way they voted. Many people have gotten very ugly on social media with their views and this year has been the nastiest election I have seen that I can recall.

I am a survivor of domestic violence, abuse and bullying. I have 5 grandchildren that know me as Mimi and I want a better world for them to grow up in.

I will not vote for a person who is a bully, who puts others down, doesn't respect other races or incites/encourages murdering those that disagree. I simply cannot do that because it goes against everything I believe in.

Many people do not have the right to vote, so please go vote your conscience tomorrow, but please don't be ugly to others. Putting others down and being nasty will not get them to see your side of the issue.

If you are in danger or know someone who is, please give them the Hotline number 1-800-799-7233. You could be part of saving their life and giving them hope again.