Friday, October 28, 2016

Mergers, Musings and Dress Codes

Lots of things and people on my mind lately.

Many things I cannot change, I can only ride the waves and see what happens, doing my best along the way.

Tomorrow is our Nashville Buddy Walk and I can't wait to spend the day with my friend Faithe and her daughter Dawn. If you follow me on Facebook or through my business pages, you may have seen a fundraiser or two for the Buddy Walk. Tomorrow we find out final totals for the teams and the rankings. The last numbers I saw Team Light Up the Darkness was in 8th place and had raised over $5,000 for the DSAMT.

I want to thank everyone who purchased items from me this year and supported fundraisers I have held. My Thirty One business has been dedicated to fundraising and I donate my commission to DSAMT or a local domestic violence shelter.

I have worked in a plant now for just over a month and found out my favorite dressy tops were against the rules yesterday. I felt bad at first, but then I realized I had plenty of other items to wear and I don't want to be a rule breaker anyway.

Our company is merging with another company out of state and our job titles are changing, our offices are moving around and our duties are changing too.

This week marked my grandson Kyson's 1st birthday out in Utah. I miss them so. My daughter in law suggested I get back busy with my candle business to earn money for a plane ticket to go out there Christmas. She is a smart cookie and knew how to get me thinking of ways to save up the dough for the plane fare.

And this weekend Halloween is upon us. We don't have any trick or treater's in our neighborhood, but I will get a few treats for my grandson's and my niece and nephew.


Keep Smiling, Do your best and Be Patient with others. -
Remember the number for domestic violence hotline is 1-800-799-7233 and share it with those that may need it.