Sunday, October 9, 2016

Campfires are the best therapy

We live in a wooded area and I have wanted to go camping for over a year now. I used to camp about 3-4 times a year when I had a GS troop and loved every trip with every crazy thing that happened along the way.

I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend with a time out to sit by a campfire, listen to music and enjoy the cool crisp fall evening.

My prayers are with those families who lost homes and their livelihood in the path of Hurricane Matthew.

So many changes hit our lives when we least expect it. Even when it has been on the calendar, those changes can take us by surprise and change our future lives in ways we never suspected.

I have learned to trust the timing that God has. For I know his timing perfect because all of this 'life' is orchestrated and directed/controlled by him.

At the end of the day, as long as I know those I care about are safe and sound, I am at peace. Love those you have with you and open your eyes/heart to love those that love you with their actions and not just hollow words.

Be sure and find a way (your way) to check out of the daily stress and just relax for a few hours or even a whole day. You will be the better for it, and refreshed and ready/eager to tackle what is ahead.

Be a blessing to those around and stay as positive as possible.
If you need assistance, please call 1800-799-7233