Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Attitude, Determination and Reality

I have been told/taught for years that your attitude will determine your altitude. That means a good attitude will determine how high you fly in an organization.

I also know from experience that when you are determined to learn a new skill or set of actions, nothing can stop you.

So, Are you determined to keep a good attitude to improve your reality?

I am in my 3rd week of learning the printing industry and starting over in a front office atmosphere after years away from this type of work. We have good days and chaos days. But by 5 pm, we all know we got the job done.

I struggle asking for help when I am overwhelmed. Today I had to swallow my pride and go admit that I needed help to get back on track.

I want to learn new things and a new industry. This is a huge learning curve and I have confidence that I will learn what I need to along the way. Changes are ahead for our company and I just have to hold on like I would on a roller coaster.

I never really thought about how one dresses for the day influences how you perceive the day, but I know If I go into a show or day of work dressed for success then I usually have a better attitude about the day. When I worked at wildlife, we were allowed to wear jeans, sneakers and t-shirts or sweatshirts year round.. that made me a bit lackadaisical about the day's work ahead of me.

I am determined to do my best, learn as I go and keep trying.

Please remember that October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. I have my nails painted purple to remind me every day that people are hurting and I am a survivor.

Please enjoy your days/nights and take time to love on those around you. Many are dealing with a cancer diagnosis, pain in their backs or dealing with many problems at home.

For those that don't know, here is the Domestic Violence Hotline. 1-800-799-7233.