Sunday, September 18, 2016

The totally yucky, mean, nasty, rainy, horrible day

Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had in a very long time. I was angry, frustrated, rushed, abandoned, hurting, and overwhelmed during my shift at work. It was the end of a 40 hour week, full of lifting, tugging and much frustration because everyone seemed to be rushing around acting like the chicken with it's head cut off.

You see It was a rainy Saturday in Tennessee and the night before, a few gas stations ran low on gas and the nasty media has hyped it up and called it a shortage which scares people into saying and thinking that all gas stations are out. That is simply not true. Yes, our gas in middle and east Tennessee has been interrupted because of an accident in Alabama, but that is still not a reason to go into the grocery stores like a blizzard is coming and treating the employees like trash.

I found out last night it had also been the full moon the night before.. that very well might have added a few degrees of crazy to the day.

All I wanted was for Tennessee Vols to win their football game and get off work and relax. But I spent most of my shift dealing with craziness and realizing again that some days (in certain sections of that store) you simply never will get caught up. I left feeling defeated and frustrated to say the least.

Today I have a 9 hour shift and going to do my best to go in there peaceful and keep my mind on the things that matter, do my best to ignore the bratty customers and keep working until I can get out of there. Most of the time I do a pretty good job of not letting folks get to me, but yesterday was a bad day all around.

I have worked in credit unions, amusement parks, gas stations, bookstores, hardware stores, department stores, state government offices and now a grocery store. Being nice and waiting your turn with patience goes a long way with nearly every job I have ever had. Don't be hateful to those people checking you out, or stocking shelves and I refuse to interrupt someone working unless I absolutely have to. 

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and treasure the day you have with the ones you love. If you are on the roads today, be safe and take care of yourself too!

If you need assistance, please call the Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.