Sunday, September 25, 2016

Answered Prayers

Here I sit on my first Sunday off in 6 weeks. Looks like I am back to a Monday-Friday schedule.
Tomorrow morning I start a new chapter as an office manager with a company here in my home town.

I must be completely honest, back in July, when I walked away from my state job, inside I was frightened and not sure what was coming next. I didn't know how long it would take me to find a job, if an office job with decent pay even existed inside Dickson County.

I applied with every bank, mortgage company, and medical office that I could think of. I applied with various agencies in town too. I applied to both grocery stores and turned one offer down and a few weeks later took the job with Kroger. It was an eye opening experience for me and I learned several things about myself, others and the hateful ways that the public treats those that work in retail.

My favorite part of working for Kroger was the days I got to spend in Floral creating arrangements and making customers smile when I was able to help them purchase something to cheer up a friend or family member. I learned skills in that department that will follow me in my direct sales business for years to come.

8 days ago I saw a friend post on facebook asking if anyone local was looking for a Monday-Friday job. I immediately messaged her, got some information and then messaged the contact at the company (who was also a mutual friend). On Friday, my birthday, I interviewed with this company and it went very well. Yesterday, I accepted the position and then went to Kroger to resign my position there. I knew there was no way I could keep up a 9-5 job and a part time job at Kroger as well.

Yesterday evening we celebrated Xander's first birthday. He is my youngest grandson here in Tennessee and just a little adorable boy. He is pulling up on furniture and will break out walking very soon we think. 

This past week has been full of many things, work, celebrations, lunches, dinners, and some birthday key lime pie too.

I am so thankful for the constant opportunities and even the challenges along my journey. The challenges help me grow and learn and show me that I still have a reason to be here on this Earth.

God is faithful in everything and has carried me through so many situations. He has never let me down. Now on the south side of my 40's, I see an unknown road, but I am confident that everything will work out as God has planned.

Share love with those you see and those you know. Tell others how much you care even if you haven't seen them face to face in years. You matter and your words matter.

Save the number for the hotline and continue to offer it to those in need. Don't allow others to suffer! 1-800-799-7233