Saturday, July 16, 2016

Keeping my eye on the Goal

Yes, I am a very goal oriented person. I didn't use to be.. but that was before I was in direct sales or had a Girl Scout troop to lead and motivate.

My goal currently is to find a job close to home that pays the bills with a bit of wiggle room.

I have applied all over the county for office jobs, receptionist, teller, clerk, cashier and bookkeeper positions as well. I am not in a panic however.

I get anxious and I get worried every few days and have to stop that thinking to remember why we made this decision. We made it for many reasons (health and mental health to name a couple).

This week is National Conference for several direct sales companies. So as I scroll through my newsfeed on facebook, pictures on instagram and messages on twitter, I see friends, colleagues and acquaintances at the Pampered Chef conference, Thirty One Conference, PartyLite Conference and Premier Designs Rally.  I truly hope everyone is taking in a healthy dose of inspiration and sharing it with their teams back home. 

Those conferences give attendees a boost in morale, belief, teamwork and just good old motivation to get back in the game and get the job done. I love the celebrations, laughter and friendships from these events.

I am excited about the road ahead for me and my family. I hope you are looking forward to something as well. We all have trials, but please don't let the trials keep you down day after day. Get out of the house, walk down your street, call a friend and meet them for coffee to get your mind back on track.

We all need each other! Especially women, so many have their goals and leave people in the dust. But I choose to be more of a listener and lift others up. We owe it to our daughters and sons to be that light that they so desperately need.  Even if all you do is put a silly picture in a text message to let them know you are thinking about them. Do it! Send a smile! You will be glad you did.

Give of yourself and it will be given back to you!
If you are in danger, please seek help. The hotline number is 1-800-799-7233 - Please call them, don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help. That is courage and strength to know you need a hand.