Monday, June 6, 2016

Waiting

We spend a lot of each day waiting for something. Waiting in line to pay for our groceries, waiting for the traffic light to change, waiting for the gas pump to pump gas into our cars and many other things occupy our day to day routine.

It is easy to get frustrated while waiting on things to happen in our lives.

I am not a very patient person, but I have improved over the way I used to be for sure. I have learned over and over to trust God's Timing in every part of my life because HIS Timing is the best of all.

Stop right now and think about what are you waiting to happen.  Are you waiting/anticipating something wonderful to happen? Or are you waiting/anticipating something bad to happen?

Good or bad, things happen to us no matter what and you will get through them. Yes, that flat tire during rush hour was a pain, but you got through it and eventually got to work that day and the rest of your day went on as usual.

I spent most of April counting down the days to vacation and working .. sometimes I caught myself day-dreaming about our upcoming trip, but I had to shake it off and move forward so I could focus on the present day.

I have learned that every day is a blessing (even a bad day you were stuck in traffic for two hours in the rain/storms)!

Cherish every day you have with your loved ones. You never know when their time on Earth will end.

If I can learn to relax (even a bit), then everyone else can too. Don't focus on the waiting, focus on the blessings and enjoy the day or night you have right now.

If you are in a dangerous home situation, don't wait, get out now and ask for help from a trusted friend ( I know you have at least one, maybe you have 4 or 5!) and call the Domestic Violence hotline for assistance as well. 1-800-799-7233. The volunteers/staff are there to help you !!!