Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hurting and Hoping

What hurts me most might surprise people. I have been asked if I have any disappointments or hurts in my life and how I get over them. So here is my answer:

One of the biggest pains in my heart is that my son and his wife and 3 children live so far away and I cannot see them. I have not seen my son face to face since December 29, 2013 when he took me to the airport in Denver so I could fly home to Tennessee.

Another hurtful thing in my life is watching the love of my life text his children and wait anxiously for a reply that rarely comes back quickly.

I often catch myself missing three women that were in my life for many years and for various reasons (one had an affair with my husband, one just blew up at me one day in February and cut off contact and the other, I guess we just drifted apart as she got the job of her dreams at a local college).

Getting passed over for a promotion at work hurts me quite often.

Remembering the money I used to make at a former job (funny thing is the work was easy but my boss was very difficult to get along with) get me down at times if I allow it.

I have an extremely strained relationship with my mother and this pains me more than most will ever know.

Since my father was diagnosed with cancer last September, I jump when I get text messages from my dad hoping and praying it is not bad news.

Even with all these worries and hurts in my life and memory, I do have hope for the future.

I dream of having all my grandchildren here at the house every so often.

I pray that I can be a help to others and do my best to listen whether I feel like it or not.

And I keep interviewing and applying for other jobs asking God to place me where he wants me to be and serve.

If you are in danger, please get help and remember to call 1-800-799-7233 if you need assistance!