Friday, May 6, 2016

What are you teaching?

I am not a teacher, but when I was a little girl in the backyard writing on the chalkboard my dad installed inside the garage door for us, I sure planned to be one. I had my stuffed animals and barbies and my little sister sitting there listening to me teach whatever I came up with for the afternoon.

In fact, at one point, my sisters and I all three planned to be teachers.  I never finished college but somehow end up training others in nearly every job I have held from Girl Scout Leader/Trainer, State of Tennessee and PartyLite.

My middle sister Julie has a degree in Finance and worked for a while in her industry and banking.  She is currently a bookkeeper for their family business, a Young Living Consultant and she has her daughter in a homeschool co-op where she is one of the rotating teachers. She also teaches Sunday School at their church I believe.

My youngest sister Robin has the teaching degree, has received Teacher of the Year a few years ago, and is a 5th grade teacher at White Bluff Elementary for 14 years now. She has also been a Sunday School Teacher over the past few years.

My point in all this, is that we are all teachers. Our example teaches others whether we speak to them or not. We can inspire them or show them something they don't want to be.

Do your best to be yourself but be sure you are being the best example you can be. Someone is watching and you may never know who you are influencing with your words, actions and activities.

If you need assistance, please call your local shelter or 1-800-799-7233 for assistance.