Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sadness and Courage

In the past 2-3 days I have heard of a 2 year old having health issues and it looks like heart failure and her parents sit and anxiously wait for the next word from their cardiologist.  Another lady I know just got word that she has yet another brain tumor but the doctor's believe they can extract it because they caught it very early. And another family I know was told this morning that they must move and they have no where to go.

All of these things break my heart individually. Together, they overwhelm me. I do not have the money to help anyone of these people, but they are ALL on my heart and in my prayers today.

Some people have told me lately that I have it so good, why do I keep writing. I keep writing because I know someone out there is struggling with some issues and I know I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed.  I struggle daily with depression, anxiety, money worries and how I can help my adult children.

There are many celebrations to be had right now as well. Several people I know have children/grandchildren graduating high school or college and even kindergarten. I am so happy for each one of them.

My own parents celebrate 48 years of marriage on May 24th. That is a rare thing these days. My dad has 4 more treatments left on his chemo and has started doing a little substitute preaching again. I am happy for them in so many ways.

We are very stressed at the office these days, many of us are behind due to computer issues and systems not working for 2 weeks. With Year End ahead of us (end of June), we have to get all this work done while vendors and other employees and directors gripe about us as if they have never had computer shut downs before.

I am very happy for one co-worker who is moving on to a better paying job and will be closer to home. I will miss her a lot and plan to tell her that tomorrow.

It takes courage to face the days when you have no answers for those who come to you with their worries. I suggested /begged someone today to just sit and take care of their family and pray. It was all I could come up with.

I sit here on the front steps of the house with tears on my face as my sweetheart comes in from work asking me what's wrong. I hugged him tight and wiped my eyes and said I would tell him later.

If God be for us, who can be against us?  - this verse reminds me who is in ultimate control when we only see life completely out of control.

Please keep praying and keep walking and keep going to work. Don't give up, Don't give in and Don't ever forget you are loved !!

If you are in harm's way, please call 1-800-799-7233 and ask for help.