Friday, May 6, 2016

Mothers and Daughters

 Not everyone has a 'pretty relationship' with their mother.

Some don't even know their birth mother or their mother has passed away and they grieve for them daily.

Some call their mom every day and claim them as their best friend.

Please keep this in mind for the coming weekend.

As for myself, my children are grown and have families of their own.

I don't expect one single thing from them this weekend as I hope they spend time with their children and cherish those days.
These children are only little for a short while. I have 2 grandsons who will be in kindergarten this fall and that doesn't make me feel old.

It causes me to be thankful the boys are healthy and thriving when I also know of several moms this year who have lost little ones or their little ones are facing surgeries.

The other side of the coin is those women who for many reasons never had children and feel shame when everyone else is posting their children/grandchildren photos and gifts.

If your love is measured by the gifts you give your mother (or anyone for that matter), something is rotten in the relationship. Love should be unconditional.

Be gentle and definitely celebrate what you have and who is still in your life. 

Have a blessed weekend and look for a way to be a blessing to others.

There are mothers in the shelters all over the world today. Pray for them.
If you need assistance, call your police or the hotline at 1-800-799-7233