Monday, May 2, 2016

Back to the Grind...

Today was my first day back in the office after a full week of vacation in Panama City Beach.

We had a wonderful trip! It was full of walking on the beach, a bit of fishing, deep sea fishing, a bit of sunburn, lots of seafood and waking up every morning to the sounds of the water crashing on the beach below. It was just gorgeous!

Friday the 29th, When I woke up to a foggy day and my sunburn giving me some pain, I realized that soon we would be packing to return to Tennessee, home and our jobs. This made me sad but at the same time, it made me so very thankful because I had not had a true vacation from 'homelife' in over 5 years.

I spent the weekend unpacking, putting stuff away, catching up the laundry, taking a couple of naps, going to church and taking some PartyLite orders from my end of the month customers.

This morning at work, we had to adjust to a new door entry system (name/photo badge required); an updated computer system that is slowly starting to work and allow us into the systems we need to access to complete our duties and just the regular Monday stuff.

Some folks around me chose to complain loudly all day... others just sat at their desk and did what they could trying not to be frustrated.

Currently, I am sitting at my desk wishing I had the courage to tell a certain complainer (generally grumpy person anyway) to be quiet and be glad she has a job period. But I know her well enough after 3 years in the office with her that she loves and thrives on complaining and who will complain with her. This is where I must daily exercise self-control and occasionally bite my tongue a few hundred times too. (Told you, I would be completely honest and that is NOT always pretty!!)

I don't always have a vacation at a certain time of the year, we have to save up and go when work allows us to get away. But I also know my moods well enough that even sitting outside on the porch watching the rain fall can calm my nerves immensely when the world/stuff is getting to me.

Take a break when you can and know that you can always pray for what you need. God will provide it. As most of you know, I love praise and worship music and it calms me when I am driving home on these crazy Nashville roads. So I am going to get myself home, sing along with the 94fm The Fish (www.94fmthefish.com) and enjoy my evening. I hope you do the same.

If you are in danger, please ask for assistance, call the hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and be safe my friends! Be sure and share the blog and facebook page to help and reach more men, and women who need to believe again.