Monday, March 28, 2016

Emotional Roller Coaster

Last week was really difficult for me emotionally. I had 2-3 days where I woke up covered in a blanket of depression and had to work really hard to get out from under it Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Right now, I am still not sure what triggered it. Perhaps memories or dates I was supposed to remember in a past portion of my life.

The point is, I got through it. It was not easy and I am sure I drove some people nuts with my moodiness and all last week. I alternated listening to praise/worship music and reading devotionals to push my thoughts where they needed to be. And I had a great work friend who listened too!

My nephew turned 2 on the 24th and he is an adorable little boy who keeps my sister on her toes.

As Easter approached, I remembered dyeing Easter Eggs with my kids when they were small and was overcome with a case of "missing them" on Saturday afternoon.

Easter was always a Sunday on the road for most of my growing up years. The only differences I recall from other Sunday's was that we had a new dress and shoes and got a basket with a chocolate bunny inside.

Now my sisters and my daughter have created  a tradition of an egg hunt and cookie decorating at my mom's or my sister's home. Since their collective children range in ages from 6 months to 11 years of age, it is a great holiday idea for them to get together.  I do love seeing the pictures they post and the joyful times they have together.

My son and his wife are on a business trip right now and once they return home to Utah later this week, they will do Easter with their three children all at the same time. I hope to see pictures of that when it happens.

We had a quiet Easter at David's brother's house yesterday and the brothers and Todd's son Bill played a game of HORSE and I even got some pictures of that. Because they live out in the country, I took my regular camera and made pictures that way because my phone rarely works out where they live.

I do love my life that I have been blessed with and I am doing my best to stop all complaining and sad thoughts as they come my way.

God has been so good to me, that I dare not complain. 
Take care of yourself and love on those around you. You don't know how long you will have them by your side.