Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tears

Tears fall when we are sad, happy and all types of emotions in between.

When someone gets ill
When someone dies
When someone has a baby
When someone gets married
When someone has a breakup
When someone is just having a really bad day
When someone graduates
When someone is mistreated
When you remember someone who has been gone for a long time

The tears are not bad and they don't mean you are weak or silly or an emotional wreck.

I have learned to let them fall and try to cope and get through the day. I have shed lots of tears, over relationships, my children, finances and people that I have loved and people that I have lost.

There was a time in my life, that I actually prayed God would take me from this earth so I wouldn't hurt anymore. So far, he has not done that and I suppose many would say there is a purpose for me left or that He is not finished with me yet.

Sometimes I wake up and feel so sad and depressed and cannot put a finger on the situation or cause that has me upset or out of sorts. I have to work really hard those days to participate in my workday and not bring anyone else down.

Go sit and have your cry, but don't allow it to consume you. Call a friend (or these days text a friend) and let them know you are having a rough day. If you are blessed, you have a few that will help you through your fog and one day you can return the favor and help them as well.

Wipe your face off and get on with the day knowing that you don't have to be perfect every day, sometimes it is completely OK to just get through the day and then go home and sleep it off. This is what I plan to do today.

Be kind and help others you see in danger. Keep the hotline number handy for those that may need it. 1-800-799-7233.