Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Love and Prayer

We all have people in our lives that are not doing things the way we would do them.
We all know people who are not raising their children the way we would or did raise ours.

Fact Is, You cannot change them by fussing at them, ignoring them or putting them down. 

What can you do?
Ask God to help you show them love and pray for them.  When you purposely pray for someone (even if you don't know what they need, God Knows!), you are asking God to benefit them, bless them, soften their heart and show them love through other people.

I remember a very rough time in my life that I wanted to quit my job, and get in the car and drive away because I was drowning in depression, my boss and I were constantly fighting, my spouse and I were not getting along and I wasn't sure what to do with my teenagers.  I was often seen crying through my daily tasks at work and pushed away a lot of would-be friends in those days because I just didn't want anyone to know how hopeless and sad I was.

I was in the copy room prepping a training package for my supervisor at THDA and a co worker came in with a cartoon that had a frog in the mouth of a bird. The frog was choking the bird and the caption was Never Ever Give Up.  Ms. Debbie had no idea that day how sad I was or what was going on inside my head. But her sharing that cartoon with me made me laugh and made me think.

Please remember that everyone is going through something and everyone could use a smile, a kind word and a prayer. 

And, if you want to help them or encourage them, pray before you speak and/or text them so that God can give you the words that will work best for the situation. 

Proverbs 3:5:
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.