Monday, December 21, 2015

What do you allow?

It's amazing to me what we allow to change our mood and/or outlook on life and things.

Some folks daily or even hourly mood can change based on the weather outside. I believe they enjoy complaining no matter what they have been blessed with. For me, If I don't have to work out in the weather, I am pretty fortunate and thankful.

Some people will be grumpy if their football (or any other sport) team loses. I personally watched my team lose their game yesterday and though I didn't like it, I reminded myself it is just a game and really the result doesn't change anything for me personally.

Some people are not happy no matter what happens to them. Another person cannot make you happy or sad and you cannot and should not expect them to. We have to create our own attitude and take charge of our moods.

My son and his wife are moving back to Utah today/this week and I ask everyone to keep them in your prayers. They have some rough situations ahead of them (that I will not share here) and I pray that God covers them in love and strength and courage for the months ahead.

My wish for Christmas is that everyone is loved and supported this week and every week ahead.

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-799-7233 and don't stay in a bad situation. You always have choices.