Thursday, December 3, 2015

Do any of us have privacy?

Even if you live alone, you may not have privacy.

You can control what you tell and share with others, if you just pay attention to what you say, post or take pictures of and put online. No matter what your supervisor may say, they have no right to know why you are taking off work or what your appointment is for. I am so thankful for a non-nosy boss!

I have friends that live with family, spouses or roommates and I am sure they would all have a different opinion of privacy they have at home.

I also don't equate privacy with secrets. When you are in a healthy relationship, I don't know of any reason to have secrets from your spouse. 

Now, if that spouse (or partner) routinely goes through your bag, your purse or your phone looking for information, then you have a problem with a control freak. There is nothing healthy about someone doing that to you.

You may live alone and think you have privacy, but if you check in on facebook with every place you visit or shop, you are telling family, friends and identity thieves ways they can attack you or even rob your home when you aren't there.

I now live with roommates and we all get along pretty well. I am sure we get on each other's nerves at times but we try to communicate as much as possible.

Last night I was not feeling too good, so I got home, unloaded the car and went to my room and curled up with the laptop and my electric blanket hoping to ease the pain in my neck/back.  I wasn't rude to anyone, but I kept to myself for while.

No matter what your definition of privacy is, you can find a way to do your own thing and truly relax even in a roommate situation.

Seek help from the local shelter or call the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.
The holidays are especially stressful and I pray all of you are safe. #safety #nomoreabuse