Monday, November 9, 2015

You Can Say No!

There is so much freedom in saying no.

I used to be a people pleaser (both in my marriages and at my jobs and dealing with other people in my family).

I learned a few years ago how much healthier I would feel and be if I just said no to things. Some  call me a grinch or a party-pooper but I look at it all as a choice. I can go to an event, stay as long as I want to and leave when I want to. There is freedom in that.  All you have to do is set your mind to it and drive yourself to the event. Take control of your life, it is way past time!

You do not have to attend every family get together if they stress you out or you don't have the money or motivation to be there. Don't go broke pleasing others. It is not worth the credit card bills later.

I have not personally put up any Christmas decorations since I left Georgia. And I don't know if I will in the future or not. I have two bins of Christmas stuff in my storage unit and still not sure if they will see the light of 2015 or not. Just depends on my mood.

For the record, I am not depressed. I just don't see the need. My children are grown with homes and children of their own. They will not be visiting me this year. We are not even sure if we will be in Tennessee for Christmas or off on a little trip of our own. Some of my best memories were the years I did my own thing.

Just my thoughts today as I watch my co-workers decorate the office for the Christmas holiday.
Enjoy the days ahead in your way and you will be much happier!

If you are in danger, seek assistance!
Call 911 for immediate situations or call 1-800-799-7233 for the Domestic Violence Hotline.
Be Safe!