Thursday, November 19, 2015
Share what you have
Hold your loved ones close, make sure they know how you feel about them.
You can prepare a meal for them, mow their yard, rake their leaves and even run errands for them (grocery pick up, dog walking, etc.)
Matthew 6:3 (KJV) But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
This means when you do good works, do not boast about them, or announce them to others. Just do them and let that be your own reward. The scripture also teaches us that the things we do in secret shall be rewarded in public.
Good ideas for anytime of the year:
1) Give what you have (money, time, talent, furnishings, etc.)
2) Be Kind to everyone (even the person who pulls out in front of you in traffic)
3) Show up every day and do your best at the workplace (no matter what your co-workers may appear to do or not do)
4) Don't judge others (you don't know what they are facing at home)
5) Serve where and when you are able (if you don't know what is needed, ask!)
Everyone has something they can do !
If you are in immediate danger call 911
Seek assistance with your situation by calling the hotline (use a neighbor's phone if you have to) 1-800-799-7233