Friday, November 13, 2015

Desperation

There are so many in this world today who are desperate for many things.

Some are desperate for a relationship, for money, for popularity and the list goes on and on.

When life throws us curve balls we have to be ready to hit them as far as we can and not allow them to destroy or distract our focus.

I have a chronic illness and sometimes it really gets me down and takes me out of commission for a day or two or sometimes a week.  Yesterday was one of those days. I felt horrible and didn't leave the couch for the majority of the day. I took my meds, did what the doctor said and today I feel better and can function enough to be at my day job.

I do my best to fight through the yucky days and not let it get me down, but with bills piling up, surgeries ahead for loved ones and many uncertain things in the future, I really struggled with my attitude yesterday.

I will not live life in desperation mode, so I chose to focus on the good things and the blessings I do have in my life. 

It was hard to get past feeling nasty and even this morning I get another message reminding me of money owed to people. I almost broke down in tears but tears and crying would only aggravate my cough and probably bring on a coughing spell I don't need at work.

Please don't let the desperation get you down. We all face it, and we all deal with it in different ways, but the best thing you can do is fight through the feelings and focus on something positive. Perhaps look up a devotional, a favorite scripture or a song that lifts your spirits. 

Sometimes in life we have to take on a second job or start looking for a job that pays more. It won't be easy but you have to get through it all somehow.

Take a deep breath, stop and figure out what you can do and do what you can and let the rest go.

If you are in immediate danger, call 911
For assistance in finding resources for your situation, call 1-800-799-7233. You are not alone!