Monday, October 19, 2015

Rattled but not backing down

This past weekend, I had planned on doing more moving in to my new place anxious about all the plans we have made for our future.

Friday Night changed all of that. When you have a roommate with a history of drug abuse and addiction, you can never truly stop wondering when he will have his next binge or be strung out.

Everyone is safe now and he has been removed from the home, but I share this to tell you that no one is immune to being abused or threatened. Don't be afraid to involve the police and protect yourself and those you love.

We chose to recover by cleaning up the mess he left behind, protecting ourselves, praying and attended church together on Sunday.

I refuse to live in fear and I hope/pray this person gets the mental/addiction help he so desperately needs.

You never know how strong you are, until you face something like that. I thought I had seen everything, but there is still much evil in the world.

We must shield ourselves from it, do our best to keep it out of our lives and keep moving forward.

And Last night, we had dinner, and made lots of plans for our future. The future is still bright and full of promise and as we get on with the work at hand, we know God has it all under control.

Yes, today I am a bit rattled but I am resolved to never give up and keep moving forward.

Whatever battle you are facing, treat it like an elephant and tackle it one bite at a time. You will succeed as long as you keep at the task at hand.

Be safe, ask for help and don't be afraid to involve the authorities.
Call 911 for immediate danger situations.
Call 1-800-799-7233 if you need help getting out of a household.
Seek Shelter!