Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Join in!

It's Wednesday! Today is our Halloween Celebration at work today. We have a Zombie walk activity planned for us by the health and wellness committee. Then we have our annual Chili Cookoff and costume contest as well.

I am actually dressing up as a character from a favorite TV show. This should be fun - I just hope some of my co-workers recognize the character.

It's all for fun and fellowship with the great people I work with.

We have had rain here constantly since Monday and it makes for dreary days and makes it hard to concentrate as well. There is one place I would like to be on a rainy day.. that is at home, under a blanket listening to the rain fall outside. That is one of my favorite things to do.

However, my work would get behind if I took off on rainy days to do what my heart wants to do. So, as my roommate suggested yesterday, I chose to focus on our plans for the evening and push through the rest of the workday and it all worked out (as it usually does). He made us a fabulous dinner and we had a great night just the two of us.

Take time to enjoy the beauty in the every day. There is always something (usually more than one thing, too) to be thankful for.  Choose to see that instead of a reason to complain.

This coming Saturday I will be up extra early so I can get to Centennial Park for the Buddy Walk. The Buddy Walk is a benefit and celebration for the families in Middle Tennessee affected by Down Syndrome.

We would love to have you join us on Saturday or you can donate to our team at this website: https://dsamt.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=3643