Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Daily Struggle

I hereby admit that I hate getting up early any day of the week (unless we are leaving on a trip or something I really want to do).

I struggle to get out of bed nearly every workday and have to make myself get moving by a certain time or I will be late to the office as well as dealing with Nashville rush hour traffic (no fun there either).  19 years of commuting to Nashville Monday-Friday has taught me a lot.

I still don't like getting out of my warm bed and getting ready while it is dark outside.

This has nothing to do with my day job. I like my co-workers and supervisor a lot. While we may perform tedious job duties, we still have fun at work and get along pretty well. At the end of the day, we get the job done and hold each other up.

I am not a lazy person but I do enjoy sleeping in and not having to be jarred awake by a ringing alarm on my phone. This morning I hit the snooze button even though I knew I should get moving.

I also am the first to get up at home and I do my best to keep quiet so I don't wake the roommates.

I have often compared life to the interstate I daily travel. I won't go there today, but please know that it is best to slow down and take your time in the traffic jam. You will not get there any faster by weaving in and out of traffic or passing people on the shoulder. In fact, doing these things just might get you a ticket from our police force.

I know I am not alone in hating the alarm clocks in our lives. I thought a bit of reality might help us all.

Remember, everyone is fighting a battle of some sort, so be kind to all.

If you are in immediate danger, call 911
Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
Cheatham County Shelter - 615 681 5863