Monday, October 12, 2015

Appearances

We all know folks who do their best to keep up appearances for their circle of friends, co-workers and society in general. 

I used to be that way too. I spent so much time and worry on what others thought of me or what they might say about me, that it made me sick and I was constantly second guessing every decision based on their opinion rather than my own feelings and what I truly wanted to do or accomplish in my life.

While most of us strive to have others like us, I have always envied those that just did their own thing without a care about what others thought. I don't mean to be ugly or mean to others but just be yourself and be confident.

With a lot of time and focus, I chose to start living my life for me and doing what is right as best I know how. I still don't always make the right decisions, but I can honestly say that from day to day, I am the same person at work, church, out with friends or at home watching football.

Be the person you were created to be not a copy of someone you think you should be. God wants us genuine, not copies. He loves us the way he made us and will work within us to make us what he needs us to be for his Kingdom.

So take off the masks, put away the costumes and be real with each other.

If you cannot be honest and purely yourself with your family and close friends, then you may have to make some changes in your life. That takes courage and you can find it with prayer and a great support circle.

Only when we are honest with the image in the mirror can we be honest with others. Forgive yourself and move forward. You will be much happier in the long run if you let the 'mess' go.

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for help.
If you need assistance getting out of a difficult relationship or marriage, please call 1-800-799-7233 for assistance.