Monday, September 14, 2015

Tick Tock

Time passes whether we do anything in that hour or not.
Choosing to rest is still a choice of a way to spend your time.

I heard over the weekend that an old friend from my college days passed away. I knew he was living in Atlanta and still don't know if he was ill or what the cause of his passing was. Even though I haven't spoken to him since I lived in Georgia, I feel for his family and all of those who knew him.

In recent weeks, I have spent time reaching out to old friends myself. I realized (again and again) that no matter how much time goes by certain people will always be there when the chips are down in our lives.

I may be echoing other recent messages here in the blog but I cannot stress enough how important good friendships are.  We should all go to God in prayer first of all with anything. I also know for a fact that a godly relationship will help you keep yourself in check when all you want to do is runaway. So call that old friend, call a new friend, take a friend out for coffee or volunteer at the food bank. Do something with your time to help it pass more quickly. 

Waiting for answers is the absolute worst way to spend your day. These days I personally have to make myself go to work and do the job.. because I am so caught up in what might be happening for my father. I cannot fix it or change it, and I am choosing to pray.  My prayers are not eloquent or full of fancy words but God knows my heart's desire before I speak it.

I recently saw the movie War Room and it touched me and reminded me how powerful prayer is and how we as Christians must choose it first for everything and every battle. 

I was reminded of Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And

2 Chronicles 7:14:
 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

God hears our prayers and sees a repentant heart. Trust God with all you want to do and all you need. God can change a heart in ways you cannot imagine.