Thursday, September 3, 2015

Curve Balls

You wake up and go to work, then you get a text message that your dad has been admitted to the hospital for tests. That was my Monday this week. After many tests and now we as a family are facing surgery and uncertainty.

Who have I leaned on? My friends, family, my boyfriend and my church family have all been here for me either through text or phone calls. All have rallied round me and sent prayers and positive thoughts to our family. I have an awesome boss who truly believes (not just says) family first.

Do I know what our future holds? No, But I know who holds our future and that is my God. He is not surprised by any of this and I know he hears our cries and worries and prayers right now.

To say I am numb or scatterbrained today is an understatement. I am facing things I have never faced before and I am frightened to say the very least.  I am doing the best I can to put on a brave face and stay strong until we know results. But inside I feel like a little 7 year old girl who is lost and doesn't know which way to turn.

Last night, I went to Wednesday night services at my church and when I walked in, I burst into tears and no one shunned me. They were all concerned and rallied around me. That is family.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has this under control, please pray with me that we have answers and a plan of action tomorrow. I am selfish and I don't want to lose my dad.

There are so many right now that I could name that are going through potential loss situations and much more threatening health situations. We are all holding each other up and that is a beautiful thing.

Keep praying and keep looking upward.
If you are in danger, seek assistance! Call 1-800-799-7233 or your local shelter!