Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Change

Change is inevitable in everyone's life.
Some changes are good and healthy and some changes are completely out of our control.

As we close out this tumultuous month of September for my family, I am daily reminded of how much we are blessed to have each other. We may not speak every day and we may not agree on many topics, but when the chips are down and one of us needs help, we are there for each other.

My sisters and I were all on site last week when my dad had his surgery on my birthday. Many family friends and acquaintances called, texted, emailed and stopped by to check on my dad. I am happy to report that he was released from the hospital on Monday and is recovering at home. He may be moving slow but he seems to be doing well from what I can see and hear.

My family was blessed on Monday of this week when my daughter gave birth to her second child. Little Xander arrived a few days before his due date and is healthy and thriving. They should be released from the hospital today.

Many changes are in the works for me personally as I change addresses and move forward with my life. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and gratitude for all that our family and loved ones have been blessed with in the recent days and weeks.

What started out as a very scary time for us as a family has made us sit up and take notice of the truly important things in life.  Being there for each other and loving each other no matter what are most important to me these days.

Take time to call that friend and reach out to check on those you haven't heard from in a while. You never know just how much your friendly call could boost their spirits!