Thursday, July 9, 2015

No Comparison

Recently I heard a young lady beating herself up verbally because of the situation and circumstances surrounding her and the divorce she is in the middle of. 

It broke my heart to hear her saying such negative things about herself.  I went to her and spoke to her and encouraged her to believe in herself, stand her ground and not give up the fight she is in the middle of.  I reminded her she was fearfully and wonderfully made by our creator and that she did have a purpose for being here. We parted ways with a hug and a smile and I have her on my mind even this morning.

I caught myself comparing myself to her in looks and appearance and dress.  We as women spend way too much time comparing ourselves to other women or being jealous of what other women have or have accomplished in their lifetimes.

Comparison will steal your joy and keep you from seeing what God has blessed you with. I know first hand because I fight it quite often myself. My friend reminds me gently in a text message from time to time that I am the daughter of the Most High King and I too am wonderfully made and loved by our Creator.


Forgive me for accusing you of making a mistake when you made me.  From now on, I accept with joy your decision to make me average. I surrender myself to you.    -- Kay Warren

Think of it this way, when we play comparisons, we're accusing God of messing up when he made us. Choose instead to accept exactly how God made you (flaws and all). Surrender to him and He will work wonders within you and through you.

Let's all go forward choosing to not compare ourselves to others in any shape form or fashion. The only person we can change is ourselves if we want.

I pray everyone that reads this is encouraged and believes a little more in themselves and how God doesn't make mistakes, he created us as we are and nothing surprises him. He loves us no matter what.

If you need assistance or questions answered, call the Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233.