Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Checking that off my List!

Yesterday I was able to mark something off my accomplishment list.  The funny thing is I didn't even realize this event was on my 'list' until earlier this year.

I have met this incredible person who has pushed me and encouraged me since the day she met me. Even though she doesn't consider herself a "rah rah let's go" type person, that is exactly what she has done for me since I met her November of 2013. Thank you Shelly for all your encouragement to that shy woman you met 2 years ago!

I told my personal story of survival to a room full of women yesterday. These were women in businesses of all types who gathered for a conference and exchanged information and ideas to build each other up.

Yes, I was nervous
Yes, that cup of water was my security blanket
Yes, my voice shook
and Yes, tears were shed.
But for the first time I stood up straight took a few deep breaths and told my story of survival to a room full of women.

I didn't tell it for anyone to feel sorry for me, I told it to help people in all types of relationships that no matter what they face, they can get through it, get out of it and get on with their lives.

Yesterday was this "Jonah's" moment and I am so thankful for all the women and men who have encouraged me thus far on the journey.

I continue to share and help others by listening or sharing how I dealt with particular situations. I am on a journey and constantly being reminded that our Lord and Savior is there with us during the sad days, the bad days, the day you got fired, and the day you got promoted. He is truly with us all and will never leave your side.

Welcome to my new followers and I hope the blog blesses you with each writing and that if you feel led, that you share it with others.

I am in competition with no one! I hope we all win and finish strong! Get out there and live!

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
 Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233