Wednesday, June 17, 2015

One Foot In Front of the Other

Ever have a time in your life where you don't see the purpose or what is ahead?

I sure have and still do.

I get stir crazy and push people away that have been there all along cause I get really scared and even though I am in the midst of many changes and great beginnings, I still feel the urge to crawl in a hole and hide my head from all the harsh realities that are swirling around me.

I know that God has a plan and his plan and timing are perfect, but I don't always lean on that first. I am flawed but I am working hard to strengthen my faith and praying more and more every day for focus and determination to get through the rough times and believe better times are ahead for me and my loved ones.

I have days where I go into the office on auto-pilot and just pray to push through the work, phone calls, issues and corrections with a smile on my face and then I go home and crash.

One of my favorite bible verses of all my life is Isaiah 41:10 -
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  

This verse spoke to me on December 24, 1989 the day after the wreck that broke my arm in two places, dislocated my knee and caused x1 to have 7 stitches in his forehead.   Yes, we survived the night before and we found out that night at Vandy Trauma that we were being blessed with a little  girl we would name Kourtney.  We woke the next morning knowing exactly how blessed we were.

When my dad went to the wreck site the next morning he was looking for my glasses for me and found them safely shielded in my Bible which would open to Isa. 41 and the first verse I laid eyes on that day.. was Isa. 41:10.  I have gained strength from this verse for many many years and trials. 

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and work diligently at what you have in front of you. Lean on the One who understands and knows you inside and out. God is there for us, we just have to open a dialogue with him to know him better day by day and hour by hour.

If you are in danger, please seek help either by calling 911 for immediate danger or 1-800-799-7233 for assistance to get out of your situation.