Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Listeners

There are all types of friends and acquaintances in this world.

Some folks we pass in the hall every day at work and just smile but never take the time to get to know who they really are.

Then there are people in our lives who from almost day one with them, you can be comfortable, open and honest and tell it like it is no matter what and with no repercussions or fears for your comments or opinions.

I have quite a collection of "listeners" in my life. I can text, facebook or email them and say I really need to talk something out, and if they are available they have been godsends to me for letting me vent, bounce off ideas or just work through my feelings on certain things.  Some of them are from direct sales, some from church and some from work, but they ALL are valuable to be.

I have done my share of listening to others going through stuff and in some cases we are co-listeners and take care of each other on a daily basis. I even go through withdrawals sometimes when a certain listener goes on vacation and we can't chat every day.

Today I say thank you to all the listeners and encouragement counselors in my life. If I have ever cried on your shoulder or vented to you, then you are included in this. You have helped direct me back to my faith and kept me on the straight pathway I need to be on.  Sometimes you had to tell me over and over again for me to get it but I am So thankful for each of you!

Who can you listen to and help? Reach out and be that kind of friend! You will surely be blessed.

If you are in danger, call 911!
If you need guidance/assistance for a bad situation, please call the hotline 1-800-799-7233.