Friday, May 1, 2015

Moms


There are all types of moms and everyone has to make choices for their family that suit them best. I have many regrets when I look back on my years as a single mom.

I had to tell my kids no a lot because we just didn't have the money for things.

They grew up in apartments and it wasn't until I remarried that we actually lived in a house. I wish I could have done more for my children on my own.

My children were blessed to have Nana & Grandpa close by and every day I am thankful for everything my parents did for us all those years and even now they continue to help us any way they can.

Of all the things in my life, accomplishments, jobs, titles, and opportunities, my 2 treasures are my children. If they need me, I will be there.

But you see, they don't need me - They are both grown and have families, jobs and goals of their own. I am simply Mom these days and Mimi to the grandchildren. I completely identify with the moms who feel left behind or invisible and I want to encourage you!

So my message today is to all the Moms out there today:

No matter your family structure, remember every day that you are raising children and treasure every day. Even if it is Fish Stick and French Fry night and you are watching that DVD for the 100th time, hug those children because it won't be long before they are gone and you will be left behind.

On those days you feel left behind, seek God and ask him for direction.

Pray for your children no matter how old they are or what they may be doing. Whether you see them daily or not for years at a time, pray for them and it will help you cope during your season.

I am still finding my way and trusting God Almighty to show me the way. God's timing is perfect and God sees everything you do and God treasures the work of moms everywhere.

If you are in a dangerous situation and need assistance please call the hotline 1-800-799-7233.