Monday, April 6, 2015

Relationships

Relationships - the mere word puts pictures in our minds whether we believe it or not. These pictures could be family photos from 40 years ago or a picture of our son or daughter at the age of 3. These photos could be of friends from high school, youth group or Girl Scouts.

We all have relationships in many places, portions of our lives. Some examples are:

co-workers
family (both close and extended)
friends
church friends
acquaintances
people we do business with
and many many more.

If you don't cultivate your relationships and seek them then they will wither, die and fall by the wayside as we get busy with day-to-day living and striving. In this springtime season, choose to enjoy life a little more, give yourself some slack and relax. Just smiling and being friendly with someone could lead to a new friendship you never saw coming.

For the record, I am not anti-marriage or anti-relationship. What I do advocate is for people everywhere to be in healthy relationships that are a glory to God. God should be front and center in everything we do, not just a Sunday/Wednesday commentary on our lives.

My past may be full of mistakes but I want a beautiful future and know that it is possible with God on my side. I am not my history and I pray I do not repeat past mistakes.

My dear friend Shelly told me earlier this year that she wants me to be Bold in life, living life and business. At the time I was very unsure of her statement.. but right now, I wish I could call her up and tell her that I tried being Bold and I didn't fall on my face. I may have found a few things that won't work in my life but I found a few things that did work and that make me happy right here and right now.

I urge you to open your eyes, work on your healthy relationships, see them as huge blessings in your life. If you have a great man/woman in your life, celebrate them and celebrate your children's accomplishments too. They need to hear that from their parents. 

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 -- If you are in an abusive situation and need ideas on how to get out or seek help, call the Hotline 1-800-799-7233.