Thursday, April 2, 2015

Course Correction

Course correction sounds like something you would hear from your GPS or on a Naval ship. However, there are times in our lives where we are forced to make course corrections and if we have our eyes and hearts open, we will see which way we are supposed to go.

Have you ever wanted something so bad and wished for it and worked for it and then you received it and found out a few weeks later, it really wasn't all that you had envisioned or hoped for?

I have had this happen recently in my life and I can tell you that I felt and still feel as though I was sold a bad used car or at the very least fell for deceptive advertising. 

Since January, I have had to re-evaluate everything I thought I wanted in one part of my life and decide if I truly want to pursue that or to take a step back, and move in another direction completely.

I have decided that I will not live my life dominated by one earthly money-driven goal.  I choose to be happy in all parts of my life and not let one crazy goal thrust on me by others (that I once thought I subscribed to) dominate my life.

There are people in my life and business who will be shocked by my decision but honestly, I didn't make this decision for them, I made it for me and my peace of mind and happiness. I will not live in fear anymore.

 I choose to break the cycle of approval addiction in my life once again. It is something that has plagued me since I was a child.

 I craved the approval of adults in my life and I rarely received it.  I learned from that happening over and over that to these people, I was just not 'good enough' in their eyes.  I also sought approval from both ex-husbands and even my children and co-workers at times in my life.  But I recall a book by Joyce Meyer entitled Approval Addiction and it opened my eyes to the fact that I was seeking approval by man when I should have been seeking God's approval all along.

No matter what man/woman in my life my say or think about me, I know deep down that an earthly opinion does not matter. The only opinion that matters is God's. And for that I have my Bible to read.

Be free and choose to live your life on your terms. Please don't be trapped!  Much love for everyone who reads and follows my story every day. I wish you peace!!