Monday, March 23, 2015

You are Not a Tree!

I often hear people complain and complain about their job or living situation and then when I give them suggestions, they just say, "Oh, Well, I am stuck".

God made us in his image and he did not create a world full of trees that are only planted. He created human beings with the ability to learn, grow, change and even move from place to place!

No matter what the situation is, you can choose to seek assistance and change where you live, who you spend time with and you can make a difference too!

I completely understand the 'feeling' of being stuck. I was there for years as a single parent wondering if I was truly making a difference or just wasting my time.  I was also there in my second marriage wondering if I would ever feel strong enough to leave again.

If this little Tennessee gal can move from TN to GA and back to TN and not have a job and within a years time get an office job again (I worked in a book store, a gas station and a hardware store in the mean time). Then I believe YOU can make a change too.  Yes, Change is scary but it is so worth it on the other side when you realize what you have accomplished.

Trees and flowers are planted all over the earth for many purposes and I love taking pictures of nature, but I know God created me for his purpose and I will not stay stuck.

I invite you to take that first timid step and make phone calls to find that new, rewarding job or new place to live.

Even if you have to live with friends or family in the meantime, Please enjoy the blessing you have been given. Remember everything we have comes from God, not another person, not our own means, God provides it all because he provides us the intelligence to work, drive our vehicles, provide for our families. God is truly the ultimate provider and when you see it this way, you will be amazed at what God is truly giving you!