Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pain has a purpose

Most of us see the word pain and imagine illness and all sorts of things.

However, most kinds of pain are unseen and people have pain every day that you don't know about.

There are many people who have physical pain every day and push through it to get things done. There are others to tell you about every ache and pain they have and sadly they are consumed by this pain they have.

Think back over the turning points in your life. What if those people had not done those things to you? Would you still be where you are today?

I know without a doubt in my mind that both of my ex-husbands changed my life and my outlook in ways that I never imagined.

If my first husband had not isolated me, injured me, abused me and cheated on me, I would not have left when he got his 2nd wife pregnant. I am so thankful that I was able to come home to TN (we were stationed overseas when the marriage ended) and was able to recover, refocus and get myself and my kids our own place so we could get on with our lives.  It was not easy in those single parent years but we survived with the help of our "village".

If my second husband had not lied, cheated,  & verbally abused me, I would have lived blindly with someone that only pretended to be a part of my life.

After both marriages I came out wounded for sure but in 2013 I started writing as therapy and it eventually evolved into this blog.

I write to help others know they are not alone, that they can overcome and that God is there for them if they will only seek him out.  Please share this blog using facebook, twitter and even email it to those you care about.

If you are in immediate danger call 911. If you are in a domestic situation and need assistance/resources to get out or where to turn, please call 1-800-799-7233.  Take Care of YOU!