Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fear Not - 365

Did you know the words Fear Not are in the Holy Bible 365 times? That means we are told every day to 'Fear Not'.

There are many people who live in fear and for years I was paralyzed by it and still fight it off quite regularly.

Some fears are:
Public Speaking
Offending people (parents, spouses, children, co-workers, supervisors, etc.)
Driving/Public Transportation
Traveling
Leaving home
Money (or lack thereof)
Failure in school, business, etc.
Falling

This list is really endless because there are as many fears as there are people in the world.  God knows your fears, and so does the devil. God will not use your fears against you, but the devil will use anything, anyone and everyone against you if he believes it might steer you away from God's will.

In a lot of cases, fear, anxiety and depression are misery roommates that work in an evil cycle to keep a person down for a very long time.  It is very hard to fight your way out of it. For myself, I turned to many books, devotionals and prayer constantly to keep these feelings at bay.

God does not wish for his children to live in fear of anyone. But I know firsthand how hollow that may sound to someone in an abusive situation that does not see themselves as God sees them. I felt forgotten and that somehow I deserved what I got and I know now that those feelings were the devil and my ex-spouse beating me down emotionally and physically. 

When you come out of an abusive situation you are fearful of most people for a very long time.  For me, when someone complimented me I assumed they were lying and still struggle with praise and compliments to this very day because I assume they are insincere or just pretending to be nice.

 I actually stood in front of a mirror every day for about 3 months telling my reflection that God loved me and that I had a purpose before I started believing it and living again.

I highly recommend getting your Bible out and reading God's promises to his children. I also recommend the book Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer to help you get on track. You must choose to believe you can change before you can make the change. Praying for all those that need a way out and that they find peace and strength while they fight their way to freedom.

If you are in immediate danger, call 911 - If you need assistance finding a way out of an abusive situation, please call 1-800-799-7233 and someone will answer you and listen to you.