Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Single Way

There are many changes to your life and daily activities when you transition from married to being single. Some of the obvious ones are:

Moving
Changing Jobs
Changing Schools
Buying your own vehicle
Finding your New Normal

But recently I have been made aware that I am truly enjoying my singleness.
I can get up and go when I choose to.
I don't have to be 'on call' for someone that is not 'on call' for me.
If I want to have lunch with a friend, the only person I have to check with is my bank account.
I can make so many choices on my own!

Some of my recent triumphs are:
I did my tax return myself for free online and only asked my dad (a retired accountant) a couple of questions. That was a true triumph for me since I had only once before (2004 I believe) filed my taxes alone.

I took a chance and ventured out alone today to drive to work with icy road conditions and said many prayers as I traveled my normal 45 minute commute. I made it to work without sliding off the road!

I stood up to someone yesterday who offended me and they actually backed off and apologized. I usually just grumble quietly and let them make me angry.

I am not a feminist and I do believe God has a plan for single people as well as married people in his Kingdom.

But I am thoroughly celebrating every triumph I have and being thankful because I know it is not through my strength that these things occur, they occur because God is blessing me and sending me a way to make them happen.

What ways can you celebrate your triumphs? I look forward to seeing your comments and please keep sharing the blog with anyone you think it will benefit.

If you are in danger, please call 911 immediately. If you need guidance on getting out, call the Domestic Violence hotline at 1-800-799-7233.