Monday, January 19, 2015

Traveling & Baggage

We all are on a journey.

I was reminded this past weekend just how much our daily lives are mirrored when we travel. Modern travel includes online reservations, following the TSA rules to get through security and then waiting your turn to board the plane. Patience must be part of the process or you will soon be a very unhappy traveler.

I usually check my luggage so that all I have on the plane is my purse and laptop bag. This trip we chose to not check our bags. 

Lesson Learned! I will continue to check my bags on future flights so I am not having to carry everything with me through every airport.

 It's a lot like leaving your opinions at the door when you visit someone who lives very differently than you. If you want to stay friends, you have to know when to say something and when to keep your mouth closed and opt for other topics.

This is a lot like growing up, forgiving others and moving on as well.  As humans we tend to carry our life story with us and our history does shape who we are but we must not dwell on it every day. We should celebrate the new victories and the bright horizon ahead of us. 

I encourage you to travel and take as little baggage as possible so you can truly enjoy your journey!  Stay safe in all that you do and always have a kind word for others on your pathway. Everyone needs a hand up sometimes, and you never know if your experiences can help them have perspective that never occurred to them.  Be a joy to be around

If you are in an abusive relationship, please seek a way out. You are in control no matter what the abuser might have told you. 1-800-799-7233 is the Domestic Violence Hotline or call 911 for immediate danger issues.

If this blog has helped you please share it on twitter, facebook and other forms of social media. I completely appreciate your support!