Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christian Values

Christian values - the very phrase should mean the same thing to all who read it, but society is very subjective and opinionated. 

If you only see "Christian Values" portrayed on Duck Dynasty and 19 Kids and Counting, you have seen a bit of who we are, but not the full story.

If you truly stick to your values, everyone will see the same thing from you every day. Remember this "WYSIWYG"? It means What you see is What you get and 95% of the time I am the same with everyone.


I mentioned 2 very popular but often criticized television programs about families here in the USA. I read the blog for the Duggars (19 Kids & Counting) and it saddens me so to see so many people putting them down for their beliefs when they have never hidden the fact they are conservative Christians.  They have now been on TV for 10 years and to them, the show is just a home movie of their lives. I personally applaud them for being true to their beliefs and speaking out about what they believe. That takes courage that most of do not have.

Society has also made fun of the Robertson clan (Duck Dynasty) for their look, their dress and their opinions but again, how can you fault a family who believe in something so much that they tell the world about it?

These two families are not to be worshiped (that is reserved for our Lord), but they are a pretty good example of people who share their beliefs without fear and show great courage no matter who or what in society come against them.

I am a preacher's daughter and for many years lived life in that 'fish bowl' where everyone was watching everything I did to see if I would mess up. Oh, I messed up, but I eventually came back around and set things right.

I am not a Bible teacher but I do share my beliefs with those that seek to discuss and share as well. Right now I am reading the Book of Mark and this verse is what I will leave you with today because I believe it fits what many want to do but never have the courage to pursue it.

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

You can go and teach someone!!
First be sure you and your family are safe and please don't stay in an abusive home. There are people waiting to help you at 1-800-799-7233.