Monday, October 13, 2014

Purpose? Why? Help Me Lord!

I have been asking God to show me what to do in regards to many situations in the past 6 weeks. 

Last week & This week in services I was touched by a word from friends, ministers and other leaders of the church.  The common theme of all their lessons has been to 'be still'. The messages "Let Go", "God is in Control", "Trust God's Timing" have been swirling around me during this time of turmoil.

To say the least, I am amazed by how many people God is using to get through to me and feed into me right now.

I have felt empty for a few weeks now and though I am still uncertain of my personal purpose, I do know that I am supposed to keep praying for the situations at hand and not allow Satan to have a handhold on it.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that God will not betray me, leave me behind or ignore me in my time of need. I may not have a partner right now in this world but God is around me and has sent me a wonderful church family to support me through it all.

So, Today, I am rejoicing in the hallway because I know God has all of this under control and If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

If you think you can function in this world without a church to have fellowship with, then you are mistaken. We are commanded to gather together with other saints so that we can lift each other up and help each other in times of trouble.  Sometimes you are prayed for and sometimes you are doing the praying for others.  And there are many times in the past 2 1/2 years where Covenant Church has been my family that I never knew I had.  I am so overwhelmed by their love for me.